The Richmond Lacrosse Hall of Fame was created to recognize and celebrate those persons who have contributed significantly to the growth and success of lacrosse in central Virginia. Current members of the Richmond Lacrosse Hall of Fame are listed below. For more information about the individual members, please click the tab for their class year.
A successful nominee will be presented as:
- A truly great player,
- A truly great coach,
- A truly great official, or
- A truly great contributor
- Players who attended school in the Richmond Chapter;
- Coaches who have coached at a school in the Richmond Chapter
- Officials who have been a member of a local board in the Richmond Chapter
- Contributors who have given considerable service to the area in the Richmond Chapter
- The area of the Richmond Chapter consists of Richmond, Fredericksburg, Farmville and the surrounding areas
Note that nominees who started their lacrosse career in Richmond but achieved the bulk of their greatness in another chapter are eligible.
- Any member of the Chapter may nominate an unlimited number of persons by filling out a nomination form and submitting it to the Hall of Fame Committee (HOFC)
- The HOFC will vet the nominations and determine if the nominee meets the entrance criteria for inclusion on the ballot.
- The HOFC will maintain two panels of five voters (men’s and women’s) that will consist of at least two at-large members of the Chapter who are not members of the HOFC or the BOD
- Panel voters will rank order three nominees on the ballot and submit the votes to the HOFC
- The HOFC will collect the ballots and calculate votes. The one nominee for each gender with the most ranked votes shall form the induction class for that season. In the event that two (or more) persons receive the same number of ranked votes, the person included on the most number of ballots shall take precedence. Should a tie still exist, the HOFC may present to the BOD a request for three nominees or may meet to discuss for further consideration.
- The full BOD will approve the Hall of Fame Class.
The HOFC is responsible for putting together a suitable ceremony honoring the successful nominees. Inductees should be presented by a person of their choosing. The induction ceremony should be formal.
The Hall of Fame will be announced every other year (2016, 2018, etc)
To nominate a worthy candidate, download the form from the link below. Print it, fill out the form, scan it and email to UsLaxRichmond@gmail.com or mail the physical form to Richmond Chapter of US Lacrosse, 9962 Brook Road #806, Glen Allen, VA 23059.
Download the Form